Tap Here to Call (810) 667-9210
Have you ever received an eye exam from a national chain store optometrist? If so, you know how rushed the exam process can be. We seek to provide something different -- a thorough, comprehensive eye examination that combines accurate vision assessment and correction with a full range of diagnostic testing to detect and treat eye diseases. Additionally, time is taken to listen to your needs and concerns. Following your exam Dr. Labaza will explain all test results to you in detail and make recommendations as to any treatment. Feel comfortable asking as many questions as you like about the condition of your eye health. We want you to be an active participant in the process and leave our office feeling confident that you have received the very best of eye care.
OUR EYE EXAMINATIONS INCLUDE:
- Eye Health Evaluation - The interior and exterior parts of the eye are examined using special instruments (like a biomicroscope), special focusing lenses, and ophthalmoscope. Your pupils may be dilated with eye drops for some of these tests.
- Refraction - This test determines your prescription. Dr. Labaza will take precise measurements to accurately find the proper lens combinations that will allow you to see most clearly.
- Binocular Vision Testing - Your eye coordination is tested to be sure your eye muscles work together properly. In cases where they don't, Dr. Labaza will use lenses designed with prism to align your view correctly.
- Tonometry - A measurement of the pressure of the fluid inside your eye. This test is very important because high eye pressure is one of the risk factors for glaucoma. In our office, we use an instrument that measures the pressure without touching your eye, thus giving you a more comfortable experience.
- Keratometry - This computerized instrument measures the shape of the outside of your eye. The results of this test are used to fit contact lenses properly and also to detect certain corneal eye diseases.
ADDITIONAL TESTING INCLUDES:
- Retinal Photography - A special camera takes digital color photographs of the inside back surface of your eyes. This test is recommended on a yearly basis to provide a baseline record of the appearance of your retina, internal blood vessels, and optic nerve. It is also used to document diseases and anatomical abnormalities, and to monitor them over time.
- Visual Fields - This measures your peripheral vision in order to monitor glaucoma or other neurological eye diseases.
Dr. Labaza is trained and licensed to diagnose and treat diseases and conditions of the eye. He prescribes topical and oral medications for infections, inflammation, pain, dry eye, glaucoma and allergies. Additionally, Dr. Labaza coordinates with top specialists and surgeons in the area to make referrals and handle in office the co-management of your eye care when indicated.
Common eye diseases and conditions Dr. Labaza routinely diagnosis, manages, and treats:
- Conjuctivitis and other eye infections or inflammations
Excellence in Eye Care at an Affordable Price